Sunday, February 17, 2008

Max (2/?)



I remember one summer where I was finished work at my church in Salem, NH and a couple of the nursery workers had left a couple garbage bags filled with diapers. I enjoyed people thinking of me as a gentlemen so I jumped at the chance to bring the garbage bags to the dumpster. The dumpster was over a hundred feet away and these heavy bags in the warm summer air began smelling less like the plastic on garbage bags and more like rot. When I use the word rot I truly mean radioactive limb generating rot. I started pacing faster towards the dumpster and the momentum was swinging the bags closer to me than I wanted. Holding my arms out kept the bags at a safe distance, but the smell continued to exponentially get worse and I was only halfway to the dumpster. My pacing gradually progressed to speed walking and eventually became an all out sprint for the survival of my nose. I came within 5 feet of the dumpster and swung both bags into the metal dumpster with the toss of an Olympian.

But when I took this picture the predominant smell was diaper genie plastic with a hint of the chemical scent UNUSED pampers have.

My sister said this picture made Max look mature. It may be it's the expression on his face. I do know that he enjoys having his arms free to clench his fists or dangle them as you see here while he's rested in his mothers arms.

2 comments:

  1. he does look bigger here! Thanks for the picture... so cute! How are momma and dadda doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momma is very very tired. Dadda is just a bit exhausted.

    ReplyDelete